> So why do you think Google and Facebook made the decision that they made?

Because they can? someone is always first

> In terms of content delivery, clearly Google and Facebook don't
> see issues (though any access issues lead to calls to ISPs not to them :)

I'd have it on BBC already if it wasn't for those pesky kids playing
games. Now they're done there is a bit more freedom, and time, to get
on with it. I had planned for Vints 1st Jan 2013, there was no way
we could do ISOCs 6 months earlier surprise launch

> On a business case level, it's hard to disagree, *but* I think
> IPv6 will be much more important come the next Olympics

4 years is a long time, seems like a no brainer by then

> it would have been great to have shown that we could deliver
> it, just as Google, Facebook and others have made the decision to do.

Sure but nobody knows or cares

> > I understand IPV6 will become available to BT broadband
> > customers from next year.

The impatient don't need to waste their time hassling BT who need time
to change large networks. Get it from smaller, more expensive,
ISPs with no customers to get in the way. We've been providing
v6 for years, buy now, avoid dissapointment.

brandon