> On 26 Mar 2014, at 22:26, "Will Hargrave" <w...@harg.net> wrote:
>>

> Actually I think the things which made it a problem years ago (l2 hygiene,
> loops, etc) are less of a problem, since we have adequate protection. These
> days, as a proportion of traffic flow router controlplanes are far more
> vulnerable to things going wrong.

Not sure I agree - I think the two are linked - a big enough flap from one of
these carriers and it can create instabilities in the fabric and the L3 domain.

> Hell, LINX (and everyone else) *sell* a partner product which encourages
> people to connect over third party l2 infrastructure.

Yup - but In my view it's not a great solution for us as network providers.

> Our challenges lie elsewhere, mostly within the fabric itself as opposed to
> the customer interface.

I don't see how you can abstract the two in the way you are doing the two are
linked.