Hello List

Family Tree Magazine Mar./Apr. 2020 has sent out a Free digital copy.
In this issue you'll find - a brief description of the Administration
Divisions of Ireland, a map, a timeline of history & more.
https://bit.ly/2QUaZfJ

MyHeritage - searching and viewing all of their U.S. census
collections is free from March 29th - April 5th, 2020
https://bit.ly/3dFhRao

RootsTech 2020 Genealogical Conference video sessions now on-line
https://bit.ly/2UpWUbV

FamilySearch various topics including 33 things to do.
https://bit.ly/33RTa68

National Archives of the UK - Education & Outreach
Online resources and taught sessions
https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/education/

along with their ideas for Games!
a selection of games produced by The National Archives, to help you
have fun with some of the content that we hold.
https://bit.ly/2UnUE58

More on Emigration to Canada
The New Brunswick (Canada) Irish Portal
https://archives.gnb.ca/Irish/databases_en.html

Quebec Ships lists at Olive Tree
http://www.olivetreegenealogy.com/ships/qu_ships.shtml

CanGenealogy
http://www.cangenealogy.com/index.html

Quebec BMS2000 Baptisms/Marriages/Burials ($)
http://www.bms2000.org/en

Quebec Genealogy BMD's + historical documents ($)
https://www.genealogiequebec.com/en/

University of Manitoba Ditigal collections
includes historical newspapers, etc.
https://digitalcollections.lib.umanitoba.ca/

Peel's Prairie Provinces has early city directories & a selection of
fabulous old postcards
http://peel.library.ualberta.ca/index.html

the postcards can also found-
https://archive.org/details/albertapostcards

Government Publications, Periodicals, Annuals and Newspapers etc.
http://www.canadiana.ca/

an example of what I found at the above link

Rosedale, November 26th 1898
To the Agent of Dominion Lands, Minnedosa, Man. (Manitoba)

Sir,
I am a native of County Tyrone, Ireland. Previous to coming to
Manitoba, I had resided in Pennsylvania, U.S. I arrived in Manitoba
April 1st, 1882. Capital on arrival, $200. Present capital, about
$5,000. Acres under cultivation this year, 100; yield,per acre, 25
bushels; oats, 40 bushels; barley, 35 bushels. I would say that I
believe that this is a good country for a poor man to emigrate to, if
he is possessed of good health and is not afraid of work. If he has
not these qualities I would advise him to give this country a wide
berth, If the Department considers my letter of any use, they may
publish it; if not, all right.
I remain,
Yours respectfully,
(Signed) W. C. COULTER, Neepawa.
P.S. - I might say that on arrival in this country my family consisted
of wife and one child - now it consists of wife and seven children.
Quite an increase in capital.
W.C.C.

UK to Canada Genealogy (although not directly Irish, this blog has
some wonderful articles such as "Colonial Car No. 1202 - How Emigrants
travelled to their new homes"
http://ukcdngenealogy.blogspot.com/

PRONI online videos at Youtube
https://bit.ly/3dBJMYN

National Archives of Ireland catalog search page
https://bit.ly/3dFos4C

It would be wonderful if others could share their favourite links for
researching their Ulster Ancestors.

Stay Safe!
Teena

--