There was a recent post to this group that gave a few steps in installing
on Windows. Perhaps that would be helpful.

https://www.mail-archive.com/umls-similarity@yahoogroups.com/msg00303.html

Also, the following thread is from a Windows user who had exactly the same
error.

https://www.mail-archive.com/umls-similarity@yahoogroups.com/msg00122.html

In the first case the user set these parameters in the my.ini file in
Windows, and in the second case it involved the installation of the DBI
module.

But, you might need to provide a different value for --socket - the default
is based on Linux and won't work on Windows. I'm not sure if that is the
cause of your problem, but it would be something to look at. I would also
check and make sure the DBI module was installed correctly, it seems like
problems with that not installing can cause this particular error.

Let us know how things go.

Good luck,
Ted

--