Hi Chaitanya,

Regarding coverage, I think that's something you need to be selective
about. Some sources are intended for specific domains, and so you'll want
to make sure the sources you choose all "fit" your intended domain.
Different sources can be organized differently and may reflect different
levels of granularity, and so your results (with similarity measurements,
for example) can actually degrade somewhat as you add sources.

In general while we've tried mixing various different sources, I'm not sure
I've run across a case when doing that (yet) where both the coverage and
performance (of similarity measures) really increased significantly. I
think what that tells us is that within a certain domain a source that
focuses on that domain typically has pretty good coverage, and adding other
sources might increase coverage while resulting in a "muddier" view of the
world. I guess my summarizing comment is that increasing coverage with
multiple sources sometimes seems to have a pretty negative effect on
similarity measures.

That said, it's a fascinating question (what are the benefits of mixing
sources) and certainly everything I say above is pretty anecdotal and meant
somewhat casually. But, I think the key is to add sources when you are
pretty sure you need the additional coverage for a particular domain.
Generically increasing coverage may not help performance of similarity
measures much, at least not as far as I've seen.

However, if anyone has more specific experience or comments, I'd be very
interested to hear about that.

Good luck,
Ted

--