In my efforts to try to debug our installation of the UMLS::Similarity, I ran
across this old thread. What causes the following error to appear during the
tests

 t/create-icfrequency.t .... 1/5 Could not open outputfile
t/output/create-icfrequency.output

 is that in Line 350 of create-icfrequency.pl, it calls count.pl from
Text::NSP. If count.pl is not in your path, it fails the create-icfrequency.t
test. In our case, count.pl was in /usr/local/bin (installed by MCPAN), but not
in root's path.

 -Albert

---In umls-similarity@yahoogroups.com, <finale.doshi@...> wrote :

 Thanks for all your help so far. Things were still stalling, so I tried doing
a fresh install starting from re-creating the UMLS databases in mysql and
installing UMLS-Interface and UMLS-Similarity again. Unfortunately, I think I
must have not cleanly uninstalled/something was off because now when I make
test on UMLS-Similarity, I get the error below. Suggestions? Make test on
UMLS-Interface takes about 20 minutes but passes.

 Thanks,
 Finale

 PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e"
"test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t
 t/create-icfrequency.t .... 1/5 Could not open outputfile
t/output/create-icfrequency.output
 # Looks like you planned 5 tests but ran 1.
 # Looks like your test exited with 2 just after 1.
 t/create-icfrequency.t .... Dubious, test returned 2 (wstat 512, 0x200)
 Failed 4/5 subtests
 t/create-icpropagation.t .. ok
 t/error.t ................. ok
 t/ic.t .................... ok
 t/lesk.t .................. ok
 t/path.t .................. ok
 t/vector-input.t .......... ok
 t/vector.t ................ ok

 Test Summary Report
 t/create-icfrequency.t (Wstat: 512 Tests: 1 Failed: 0)
 Non-zero exit status: 2
 Parse errors: Bad plan. You planned 5 tests but ran 1.
 Files=8, Tests=65, 11608 wallclock secs ( 0.04 usr 0.01 sys + 145.61 cusr
15.40 csys = 161.06 CPU)
 Result: FAIL
 Failed 1/8 test programs. 0/65 subtests failed.

 --- In umls-similarity@yahoogroups.com mailto:umls-similarity@yahoogroups.com,