Hello UMLS Similarity users,

I am trying to install the UMLS Interface package with the ultimate goal of
using the UMLS similarity tool on my Mac but am having issues. I have
followed the steps outlined in the installation guidelines and have created
a UMLS MySQL Db named "umls". However, when I try and install the UMLS
Interface package, I cannot make it passed the 'make test' step. I
repeatedly get the error:
Access denied for user 'umls'@'localhost' to database 'umlsinterfaceindex'

Should my database be named this? Or can I set a different default database
name? I am confused because the instructions repeatedly call for this DB to
be called 'umls' and i want to make sure that this isn't a step creating a
new DB based on the 'umls' one.

Any light you can shed on this would be greatly appreciated.

~ Mark