Hi Steve,

The icpropagation files need to go into the:
/var/www/umls_similarity/icpropagation/

Example ones are located in the UMLS-Similarity package in the
directory web/docs/icpropagation. These were created using information
from the UMLSonMedline and a different version of the UMLS though. If
you can give me a couple days, I can get you new icpropagation files
for 2014AA.

For creating your own, you need to do as follows:

Step 1: create an icfrequency file using the create-icfrequency.pl
program. The program command is:

create-icfrequency.pl ICFREQUENCY_FILE INPUTFILE

    INPUTFILE = raw text
    ICFREQUENCY_FILE = output file generated by the program

There are four main options for create-icfrequency.pl:

--config: this tells the program which taxonomy you are using in the UMLS

--compoundify: this tells the program that the input text contains
compounds depicted by an underscore

--term: calculates the frequency counts using the words in the input
file (matching them to the terms associated with the concept in the
UMLS); this is the default

--metamap TWO_DIGIT_YEAR: this uses metamap to assign CUIs to the text
(I haven't used this option in awhile and need to double check it).

Step 2: create an icpropgation file using the create-icpropagation.pl program

create-icpropagation.pl ICPROPAGATION_FILE ICFREQUENCY_FILE

    ICFREQUENCY_FILE = output file generated by create-icfrequency.pl
    ICPROPAGATION_FILE = output file generated by the program

I hope above makes sense. Let me know if you have any additional
questions and/or would like the icpropagation files for 2014AA.

Thanks!

Bridget

  • [umls-similarity] ru... Steven Bethard beth...@cis.uab.edu [umls-similarity]
    • Re: [umls-simil... Bridget McInnes btmcin...@gmail.com [umls-similarity]