Hi Ali,

The use of the client section in my.cnf is optional, and it sounds
like in your environment it might be better not to use it. In that
case you can pass that same info from my.cnf via the database command
line options, which you can see here :

https://metacpan.org/pod/umls-similarity.pl

Most/all of the command line utilities support these database options.
So, I think that might be a reasonable thing to try. If you are not
using the command line tools but instead are running the actual code,
you can set these parameters in the code. An example of how that
happens can be found here :

https://metacpan.org/pod/UMLS::Interface#INITIALIZING-THE-MODULE

I hope this helps. Please let us know if other questions arise.

Good luck!
Ted

  • [umls-similarity] Re: m... Ted Pedersen duluth...@gmail.com [umls-similarity]