Hi
I am in the process of installing at test instance of umls on a Mac with High
Sierra running mysql 5.7.20.  I have not had any issues up until I tried to run
the populate_mysql_db.sh.
MYSQL_HOME=/usr/local/mysqluser=rootpassword=passwordisetdb_name=umls
I edited it in VI and set the parameters correctly, but get the dreaded "Error
1045 (2000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)"
when running the shell script.
I am able to authenticate to the database with the same login credential
command line and using the MySQLWorkbench.  The root user is activated in the
Mac OS, and I set the user to have access to the mysql database within mysql.
Any ideas why they script would fail?

Regards,
Terry BrashearbirdnirdATyahoo.comSan Diego, CA