Hi Shad!

> >> Of course, this presupposes we have someone willing to maintain the
> >> screen-scraping logic should Microsoft change the format of their
> >> pages.  What do you think?

The problem is, Microsoft already has different pages. On most of the
pages you have to click a "Download"-Button to get a file, but on
some pages I visited yesterday (ws2k3 if I remeber correct) there
were ordinary download links.

Given the case that MS changes there pages more often over time we
have to enhance the script to first detect the type/version of the
page and to handle every different version.

MS does not change older pages when inventing new formats.

> > Sounds good, the only problem is that you don't know if Microsoft changes
> > the FamilyId thing or not. But ofcourse we have the same problem now with
> > the direct download URLs.

MS does not change file download urls. If they change other urls they
always (okay: often) have redirections. No problem with that.

> This also assumes that microsoft wont change their naming convention or make
> some of the download use en instead of enu.  But, we can work around those
> as they come up.

They already exists and I had to rewrite that yesterday. (Don't
remember where)

I am not convinced - we should use this excellent tool to get the
download links when the patches arrive but then put them into the
scripts like we do that now.

cu
Niels