On Thursday 24 August 2006 14:06, Falko Trojahn wrote:
> Hi Benni,

Hi Falko,

> Benjamin Zeller schrieb:
> > ATM, we are working with 4.7. Is there any howto available, on how to
> > build a kernel image with a newer kernel, especially on how to include
> > the fitting initrd?
> >
> > I would be very pleased, If you could help me to get further, as the
> > customer always has got quite new hardware which needs a newer kernel for
> > support.
>
> Did you have a look at the unattended and unattended-devel mailing
> list archives? There are lot's of posts regarding the wiki page
>
> http://ubertechnique.com/unattended/NTLDRNotFound
>
> there this is described.

Looks quite good. But what I don't get yet:

Where do I have to place which kernel?  And how do I compile it, to fit
unattended.
Or is it just downloading e.g. linux-2.6.17.11.tar.bz2 from kernel.org and
putting it in place? Kindof step-by-step might be useful :-)

> > Kindly regards from germany
>
> Best wishes from Leipzig/Germany and good luck with your new
> unattended kernel :-)

I hope, that this will be the result :-) Updating dosemu and parted n stuff
like that would be nice too, as I don't see that the project will release any
further files.

> Falko

Benni
--