"Stephen Briney" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I have found that it is the partition info on the hard disk that is
> causing the boot disk to hang.  This was because the hard disks I
> was using had Linux on previously. The simple fix was to write over
> the partition table on the disk and then use the dos boot disk. The
> free Dos disk must have fixed this bug as it can boot the machine
> first time with out changing the partition table.

This is good to know; thank you.

It also provides another reason to move away from MS-DOS 6.  I
actually got a FreeDOS boot disk working yesterday.  I am unsure how
well it will support all the hardware out there, so the next release
of Unattended will almost certainly be a "test" release.

> This may sound like an oblivious question, but is there a way of
> preventing the windows boot manager asking if I want windows xp or
> the previous operating system (on every boot) when I do an
> unattended install on it.

The default base.bat takes care of this automatically by invoking
bootini.pl.  See http://unattended.sourceforge.net/apps.html#bootini

 - Pat