[I'm sending this again, since it didn't come through to the list the first time. (Or hasn't yet, anyway) ]

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
It's great that the system autoscans for a mass storage driver and puts
them in the appropriate places, however i can only seem to get one mass
storage driver in at a time.  Is it a case of altering textsetup.oem to
include mutiple d(n) with each of the relavent info and then a diffrent
folder for the actual storage of the files.  If someone wanted to be
really smart i guess they could make a txtsetup.oem parser and slipstream
the relavent files straight into the xp portions of os folder into i386.

It might be an idea to make this more clear on the website, as it is
proberbly one of the more complex ones to install by guessing, the website
would make you belive you had to follow your earlier post to do it
manually, which i supose you have to do to an extent.

I'm proberbly making myself sound stupid here, but a reply would be
apreciated.

mark harburn

After an initial false start with this (due to having the wrong mass storage driver for the machine I was trying to install on), I think I have this sussed.

I'm basically taking the drivers/files off the floppy that they come on,
and rewriting the txtsetup.oem that each manufacturer provides, splicing
the relevant sections into the "master" txtsetup.eom, and putting the
files all into the $oem$\textmode directory.

Here's the beginning of my current txtsetup.oem file:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
[Disks]
d1 = "3ware Escalade 7000/8000 Series ATA RAID Controller for Windows
2000/XP/2003", disk1, ""
d2 = "Adaptec Embedded Serial ATA HostRAID Driver Ver 2.00 for Windows
2000/XP/2003", hraidsk1, ""
d3 = "Promise FastTrak TX4000/S150TX Series Driver Diskette", fasttx2k, ""
d4 = "Silicon Image SiI 3x12 SATARaid Driver Installation
Disk",Si3112r.sys,""
d5 = "Silicon Image SiI 3x12 SATALink Driver Installation
Disk",si3112.sys,""

[Defaults] scsi = ADAPTEC_SATARAID_W2K

[scsi]
3ware = "3ware Escalade 7000/8000 Series ATA RAID Controller"
ADAPTEC_SATARAID_W2K = "Adaptec Embedded Serial ATA HostRAID Driver For
Windows 2000/XP/2003"
FastTrak_TX2K_w2k = "Windows 2000: Promise PDC20319 SATA RAID Controller
(FastTrak S150 TX4)", fasttx2k
Si3112r_NT = "Silicon Image SiI 3x12 SATARaid Controller for Windows NT
4.0 and 2000"
Si3112_NT = "Silicon Image SiI 3x12 SATALink Controller for Windows NT
4.0 and 2000"

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

after that I have the relevant [Files....] [Config.....]
[HardwareIds....] sections from the original txtsetup.oem files.  One
thing you have to be careful not to forget is to change each [Files....]
section to use the correct "disk id" as specified in the [Disks] section
above.  I forgot to change it once (and left it as the original value,
which wasn't in the [Disks] section).  This cause all kinds of weird,
non-google-able errors.

Another problem is if the driver tries to use a .dll or other weird file
in its [Files] section.  Then you have to 1) remove those lines from the
 [Files] section, and put them into
$oem$\$$\path\under\winnt\directory.  You should be able to tell where
they go from the [DestinationDirs] portion of the original .inf file for
those drivers.  As far as I can tell "12" is "$oem$\$$\system32".  If
anyone else knows a reference for this info, it'd be appreciated.

For completeness, here are all the files in my $oem$\textmode directory:
3WDRV100.SYS
3waregsm.cat
txtsetup.oem
Si3112r.inf
oemsetup.inf
disk1
3WFLTDRV.SYS
aarich.cat
aarich.sys
adhraid.cat
adhraid.inf
adaptec.inf
hraidsk1
Fasttx2k.cat
fasttx2k.inf
fasttx2k.sys
fasttx2k
Si3112r.mpd
Si3112r.sys
SIISUPP.VXD
SIWinAcc.sys
si3112.cat
SI3112.inf
Si3112.mpd
Si3112.sys

Hope this helps, Jordan

------------------------------------------------------- The SF.Net email is sponsored by EclipseCon 2004 Premiere Conference on Open Tools Development and Integration See the breadth of Eclipse activity. February 3-5 in Anaheim, CA. http://www.eclipsecon.org/osdn _______________________________________________ unattended-info mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/unattended-info