"Jeff Black" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > On a side note,I couldn't get the linuxbootdisk to work in a
> > vmware environment, the system just keeps taking cpu when dosemu
> > boots, but nothing ever happens.
>
> Funny :)
>
> Hardware -> Windows -> Emulated Hardware (VMWARE) -> Linuxbootdisk
> -> Emulated Hardware (DOSEMU) -> freezes.....
>
> This will be difficult to debug....

Indeed.  There are definitely some oddities with running dosemu under
the 2.6.4 kernel.  For example, it doesn't work right if the dosemu
binary is on a remote (smbfs) drive; we have to copy the binary
locally.

Probably something to do with putting the CPU in "virtual x86" mode.

I am not sure what to do, other than hope the Linux/dosemu folks
eventually notice the problem and fix it.  It's not like we have a
"simple" test case...

 - Pat