Newbie unattended user here. I just got it installed a week ago.

I too have tried it on a Dell GX150, and had similar errors about copying files.

I think it has something to do with FreeDos and their Format command that was causing trouble. I just wanted to see if the perl script would do what it said (and once I got it running, it seemed to actually be 'unattended'. Splenid!). So far I have worked around this by booting from a completely different boot disk using an actual Microsoft OS, and the Microsoft fdisk and format commands.

When the freedos format command formatted the drive, and the install.pl script tried to copy some files, it would claim ACCESS DENIED writing to the C: drive.
manual copying of a file just caused a corrupted FAT.

BTW: The first thing I tried was the boot CD (not the linux one) on every single machine that I could find: Dell Optiplex GX150 (3com NIC), Dell Optiplex GX1 (also a 3com nic), and a Gateway E-1400 (Intel 82557 nic). In all cases, the boot disks failed to load the NIC drivers (and usually dumped some registers).

I modified one of the images to use an actual Microsoft OS, and the driver didn't crash this time. This makes me suspect the freedos.

"Atom Powers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

07/16/2004 02:15 PM