Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2004 11:04 PM
Subject: AW: [Unattended] File copy fails in second stage of setup

Hi,

test this please:
smartdrv.exe /x /u in autoexec.bat
This worked for me. (and Atom Powers)

Greets Thomas

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] Im Auftrag von
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 27. Juli 2004 18:29
An: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I see Thomas had the same sort of problem earlier (I don't keep such a
large
archive at work - sad huh)so I shall try playing with smartdrive
tomorrow -
however if anyone has a definative answer I would be very pleased to
hear
it.

It seems that the problem is hardware related, because I have used
exactly
the same boot disk on a no-name box and it installed fine, but the
Gateway
machine coughs on it every time.

Ideas on what else to try to trouble shoot would be welcome, I have
already
wasted a day trying to get this one machine to work.

On a positive note though, the machines that do boot & install properly
are
working really well, the improvments over version 1.1.1 which I have
been
using are really good, being able to map machine settings to MAC address
has
me really excited, I can see great potential for that.

Thanks Everyone

Kevin Lawry