The 6 boot floppies are nothing special. It's just the same program that starts up when you boot from the CD, but all the files are spread out onto floppies.

I have an old machine at home that I installed XP on from the boot floppies because it didn't boot from CD-ROM.

One thing that might help you - I think it was a previous version of debian had some floppy disk images on the cd. Once of them had some sort of boot manager that would allow you to boot from the floppy, hard drive, or CD-ROM (even if your BIOS didn't support it). I think it was originally intended for some sort of network boot, but the fact that I could make it boot from a CD-ROM even when my bios didn't support it was cool.

You might try that with your Bart-PE disk. Boot from the debian floppy, insert your Bart-PE disk, select boot from CD-ROM, and off you go. :)

"Donofrio, Lewis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

10/07/2004 01:06 PM