Tony Worrall wrote:
Hi, I'm trying to make an unattended installer that takes a file with
something like:

macaddress|osversion|ipaddress|admin username|password

It should be able to install an OS (based on osversion - say redhat,
debian,freebsd or Windows) based on the MAC address that it uses to get
an OS with.

for RedHat, its easy. I can just make a mapping between macaddress and
ipaddress in dhcpd.conf, and have it load a PXELinux.cfg file that has
something like:

LABEL linux
 KERNEL pxeboot.linux/vmlinuz
 APPEND initrd=pxeboot.linux/initrd.img ks=http:192.168.167.254/pxe.php
ksdevice=eth0

and I can write a PHP page that'll parse the above file, and generate a
kickstart config with the appropriate ip and password.
However, I've no idea how to approach this with windows. Can someone
recommend how I change the unattended installer to use a different IP or
username, based on it's mac address ?

First, let me suggest that you start new threads when posting to the list, rather than replying to an old message and changing the subject. When you do that, the threading gets screwed up, because your new (unrelated) mail still has an "In-Reply-To" header in it, with the old messageid.

In response to your question, you can use the unattend.csv file to have unattended do different things, based on an inheriting hiearchy. You can probably extend this to meet your needs.

I use netsh to set the IP addresses statically for my lab machines (they can dhcp on the mgmt NIC, but the test NIC needs to have its IP set statically).

Jordan

------------------------------------------------------- SF email is sponsored by - The IT Product Guide Read honest & candid reviews on hundreds of IT Products from real users. Discover which products truly live up to the hype. Start reading now. http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=6595&alloc_id=14396&op=click _______________________________________________ unattended-info mailing list unattended-info@lists.sourceforge.net https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/unattended-info