Hello all,

I was wondering if there's an easy way to check (through the command
line) if a certain software is installed.
I believe that it's possible to change the installer script in such a
way that it could query the machine for installed software so that it
could add or not tasks to the todo.pl.
With that working, it would rather easy to set up a scheduled task in
the client to re-check if all the software appointed for it is in fact
installed or not, proceeding to it's installation in case anything is
missing.
Of course in every successfull software installation, the respective
software entry for the client would be marked as installed in the
database and therefor ignored in the next check.
I once used this approach to manage software in linux machines and it
worked rather well.
Do anyone know of any add-on to unattended that provides this
functionality? If not, do you think i'm dreaming too high in thinking
it's be easy to extend unattended to this point?

Cheers,

Hugo Monteiro.

--
javali:~# cat .signature

Hugo Monteiro
Email    : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Telefone : +351 916993183

JavaLi - ADSI, Lda.
Madan Parque   Edifício VI   Campus da FCT/UNL
Quinta da Torre   2829-516 Caparica   Portugal
Telefone: +351 212949666   Fax: +351 212948313
www.javali.pt                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

javali:~# _