On Fri, 2005-02-25 at 20:10 +0100, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> Hugo Monteiro wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >     Not trying begin a flame war (that sometimes come up when bringing up
> > IRC), is there any IRC channel attended by unattended users?
> > If not, i'd like to sugest to the unattended crew the creation of
> > #unattended in the freenode IRC network.
> >
> >     For those not familiar with it, Freenode is a service of Peer-Directed
> > Projects Center, attended by a huge number of people to share
> > information about the most various Open Source software solutions.
> >
> > So ... what's your opion on the matter?...
>
> Don't know.
>
> I tried attending various so called #channels of different OS projects,
> but never got any useful information there, and I ended asking at
> mailing groups.
>
> But maybe irc channels of OS projects are something more than asking for
> help? :)

        Agreed ... i believe that irc channels can give developing a big
boost .. how many time have discussions/debates started in ml and end up
forgotten because of the lack of interactivity?... I've certainly
watched some..

        Maybe this "media" could be used for live debate and ideas
discussion?... never to substitute mailing lists, but to act as a
complement?

Hugo.

--
javali:~# cat .signature

Hugo Monteiro
Email    : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Telefone : +351 916993183

JavaLi - ADSI, Lda.
Madan Parque   Edifício VI   Campus da FCT/UNL
Quinta da Torre   2829-516 Caparica   Portugal
Telefone: +351 212949666   Fax: +351 212948313
www.javali.pt                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

javali:~# _