On Sat, 29 Apr 2006, arboreal wrote:

I'll give more details below, but the practical upshots are:
- I reckon Bashrat's DriverPacks are not useable with Unattended by default.

OK, it's long ago, but anyway.

In http://www2.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de/~skaise2a/ska/prepOEM.zip there are two scripts:

"combine" takes a hierarchie of folders and merges its content into another one effectively flattening the hierarchie. I've updated the script with the non-intuitive hierarchie naming of the driver pack and had to make some guesses, that are probably wrong. E.g. why some dirs of drivers are located as subdirs of ones already merged together.

After flattening, there are some folders left with _no_ .INF file in it.

The V6034 Driverpacks are flattened into 28 individual directories.

Note: It does not help for mass storage drivers.

"mkRenameTXT" invoked in, e.g., $oem$/$1 it will generate the $$RENAME.TXT file setup will use to rename the files back into long filenames. It uses temp files in each directory, hence, you can run it multiple times on the same hierarchie without problems.

Bye,

--
Steffen Kaiser