I have been using Unattended 4.3 for several years, and it has been
working fine for my needs. But, as my csv file grows, I decided that I
want to try to store the info in a mysql database instead.

On a completely separate server (windows 2000), I did a fresh install of
unattended 4.7, setup and populated the database, etc.

I'm using the linux boot (via PXE). I got it to work, but kept getting
this error at various places:

Smb_proc_readX_data: offset is larger than SMB_READX_MAX_PAD or negative!

The script would continue, and eventually get to the dosemu and run the
setup, but I wanted to clean up the errors.

I did some web searching, and found that it might be due to a bug in the
kernel... something to do with samba. Some more searching came up with a
possible solution: have the master script try to perform the samba mount
using cifs first, instead of smb.

I moved the blocks of code around, and tried it. It mounts properly, but
it seems to take a little bit longer.

That's OK, but the problem I now have is that config.pl fails (where it
never did before I changed the master script) with

* do /z/site/config.pl failed: Can't call method "name" on an undefined
value at /z/site/config.pl line 224.

It seems like this line is looking for an unattended.txt file. I *DO* have
unattended file entries in my database, and they are correct (and so is
the case of the filename). I'm not really sure what this line is trying to
do exactly. Anyone shed some light on me?

Thanks.