Here is what I have tagged unto the end of my perl.bat script. I  suppose
I could strip this out  and put it in a seperate .bat file.

---snip----
:: install Win32::GUI
:: set temporary path to include perl\bin
SET PATH=%SystemDrive%\Perl\bin;%PATH%
start %SystemDrive%\Perl\bin\ppm install
%Z%\packages\perl\win32-gui-1.08\Win32-GUI.ppd
@if errorlevel 1 exit 1
----snip----

On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 10:43:24 -0400, Kevin G. Erdmann
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have tried putting the path in the todo.pl statement such as:
> todo.pl "c:\perl\bin\ppm.bat install <absolute path to ppd file>"
>
> This produces the same results.
>
> However,  I did try executing ppm in the shell that was created by
> todo.pl and
> it works but only when c:\perl\bin is the current directory (I just cd to
> it).  Other than that the ppm command produces the original problem
>
> On Friday 18 April 2008 10:37:36 am Matt Hyclak wrote:
>> On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 09:55:12AM -0400, Kevin G. Erdmann enlightened
>> us:
>> >    Strawberry perl looks interesting and I will investigate that option.
>> > Plus since it is open source that is even better.
>> > However, looking at it I am afraid that the ppm for Strawberry perl
>> might
>> > have the same effect as ActivePerl.
>> >    The problem seems to be a something in the todo.pl script.  What I
>> have
>> > found is that if I launch another command line from the todo.pl and
>> type
>> > ppm I get the exact same problem as described in my first email.
>> > However, if I start a new cmd from the task manager or start->run menu
>> > the .bat file works fine.
>>
>> Sounds like the %PATH% environment is different depending on how you
>> invoke
>> the command. I would put the full path to ppm in your .bat file and see
>> if
>> that solves the problem.
>>
>> Matt

Paul Griffith |Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering - York University
CSE Technical Team |4700 Keele Street, Toronto, ON, Canada M3J-1P3
[EMAIL PROTECTED] |CSE1003A|Tel: 416-736-2100 x70258|Fax: 416-736-5872