Hi all,

Wonder if any of you folk can point me in the right direction here, I'm more
a unix chap than windows - currently deploying w2k from solaris with great
success - apart from this little problem.

I want to automatically set the location to United Kingdom in the regional
and language options but I also want this to be default for all users. I
realise this is a registry tweak, I've put a lot of hours ( many many vmware
builds ) into experimentation & so far I can achieve the following:

As per http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/17/  I  have
successfully placed the registry setting "Nation"="242"  into the registry
using cmdlines.txt at T-12, my understanding from msfn is that the Default
User's hive is loaded into HKEY_CURRENT_USER at this point & indeed when I
look at the registry after installation [HKEY_USERS/.DEFAULT/control
panel/international/geo/] Nation is set to 242 as required - However, the
administrator account somehow reverts to United States & any subsequent
users I create also default to United States ??!

I have tried inserting the key into s-1-5-18 / s-1-5-19 with no luck. I also
tried exporting the registry & then checking the "Default User Account
Settings" checkbox & exporting the registry again so I might do a unix diff
but had no luck because of the nature of the exported files.

I'll keep pluging away at this simply because it is bugging the hell out of
me - if I come up with a solution I will post it. In the mean time if any of
you folks know how to fix my problem, I'd be most grateful if you'd post.

Keep up the good work, unattended is by far the most useful piece of
software I have used for a long long time - truely excellent if a little too
addictive ;)

Many thanks,
Darren Chambers