On Sat, May 03, 2008 at 01:22:57PM +0200, Juan Jose Pablos enlightened us:
> Jens Geile escribió:
> > I've just tested 4.8-rc3 on two of my systems which always showed the
> > "NTLDR Not found" error.
> >
> > The first client with an IDE harddisk showed no error at all and everything
> > worked just fine.
> >
> > The second client with a SATA harddisk reported 78 heads and 60 sectors in
> > the first run and then failed after exiting PXE and CD-Rom boot. It didn't
> > display the "NTLDR Not found" error but instead it kept beeping
> > indefinitely with several beeps per second.
> > After a second run it reported the right amount of heads and sectors and
> > the installation worked just fine.
> >
> > I'll keep testing.
> >

> ok, but it looks that we should skip the parted upgrade for now. As soon
> as the SP3 is out, I will release a 4.8_rc4

It was released on Tuesday.
http://download.microsoft.com/download/a/e/4/ae43e777-d69b-4b96-b554-d1a2a0f40fac/windowsxp-kb936929-sp3-x86-enu.exe
is the english version. I don't know the status of the other languages, if
that's what you were waiting for :-)

I haven't done much testing with it since I just got it all slipstreamed
into my install point late Friday, but it seems winxpsp2-extras.bat and
winxpsp2-dotnet.bat still work fine (when renamed to sp3). The
winxpsp2-mediaplayer.bat blows up, presumably because it's all included in
sp3, but I've not had time to verify anything yet.

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak
Department of Mathematics