On 12/12/2010 06:36 PM, tovis wrote:
First step, I think to keep a "clean" copy of whole system, w/o
any my changes and downloaded/copied packages - but how I have to compare
against the current state of svn?
I'm not so familiar with using svn - afraid to ruin the whole repository.

Sincerely
   tovis

tovis,

You can keep a local SVN repository with your changes inside, and run "svn up" each time you want to synchronize with the main repository. It will keep your changes (requesting a manual merge for any conflicts) while keeping the repo up-to-date. The SVN server is read-only, unless you have commit access.

Alternatively, create a big patch:

$ svn diff -x -uwp > ~/mychanges.patch

And apply it to a fresh SVN checkout each time you want to update. But that could be more difficult to maintain.