Hi,

>>> To be honest, I don't really understand why Unbound doesn't have a modus
>>> operandi that supports event loops without thread or process!
>>
>> It does, with the unbound_event api.  See libunbound/unbound-event.h

Ah!  That makes sense.  But dare I suggest an update of the pages that I held
to be authoritative?  There is no mention of this mode on
https://nlnetlabs.nl/documentation/unbound/libunbound/

(But I do agree that "asynchronous lookup" does not carry all the patterns that
come with "event looping".)

> Have a look at
> https://github.com/openbsd/src/blob/master/sbin/unwind/resolver.c for
> inspiration on how to use it. check_resolver() on line 979 might be a
> good starting point.

Lovely, a complete example ripped from real life :)

Thanks guys,
 -Rick