I also had a wonderful thinking workshop experience yesterday in a first grade
class.  The vehicle was the Sundance/Newbridge/Options fiction comprehension
kit.  We were working on monitoring understanding and using fix-up strategies.
I wish I had notes, but of course, you're always caught up in extending the
understanding and can't possible note-take during.  Oh, for Jennifer's lesson
study group!  At any rate, what I wanted to continue to wonder about was about
how "age-less" good thinking really is.  Sometimes the 6 year olds can express
something at least as effectively, creatively, and excitedly as 12 year olds.
And how "lable-less" it is.  Many times kids whom I'd call "school-disabled"
are wonderful thinkers and sometimes even wonderful articulators.

And I think there is probably none of us on this entire list serve (unless
Ellin is here) that really has a clue as to the depth and breadth of the
relationship of thinking and wait time!  I believe we've only just begun!!
(This must be a morning of old songs for me.)