I am reading the book, *Teaching with Intention* by Debbie Miller and it is
turning out to be a great companion text to the book, *To Understand*. I
feel a little better about my own less than perfect performance after
reading, "So intently was I listening *for* thinking that mirrored my own
that I'd forgotten the importance of listening *to* what kids have to say. I
barely heard them because I was so determined to lead them to my way of
thinking."

Debbie also makes me feel better with her words, "Take your time. No rushing
allowed!" LOL, I really need to be reminded not to rush because that is a
huge impulse for me in the classroom. She continues, "Most of all, I learned
the importance of slowing down and being present, of taking the time to
think about and develop ideas, synthesize new learning, and write about what
I learned about my kids or myself as a teacher that day. And what that might
mean for the days ahead."

After slowing down and writing my reflections, I am sure that I will have a
better sense of what is working for me.

Kare