From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Understand] intrinsic rewards...
To: understand@literacyworkshop.org
Date: Saturday, November 22, 2008, 9:23 AM

Ellin writes:
"I worry about the external rewards we think we must offer to motivate
children to learn to read and write. I have found that they are altogether
delighted with the rewards born inside....They don't realize how
brilliantly  capable
they are, and it is one pleasant surprise when it dawns on them. That's
what
brings them back for more." (p.98)

I would love to hear reactions to this statement. :-)
Comments anyone?
Jennifer
**************Check out smokin’ hot deals on laptops, desktops and more from
Dell.  Shop Deals