I took a look at James Kass's Short Unicode Browser Test page
http://home.att.net/~jameskass/SEEME.HTM
in Internet Explorer 5.5 on Windows 2000, with Arial Unicode and Code
2000 fonts installed, among others. I could see all of the characters
on the page right from the start except U+0466 CYRILLIC CAPITAL
LETTER LITTLE YUS, identified on the page as decimal 01126 Cyrillic
Yus. The problem persisted no matter what font I set for the Cyrillic
range. The only way I found to see this character was to change the
font for the Latin range.

This seems to mean that Windows 2000 does not know that this
codepoint is in the Cyrillic range, and regards all characters not in
a range it knows about to be Latin. Is that right?

Has this problem been seen for other characters?
--

Edward Cherlin
Generalist