It looks to me like the "Cp" names might be IBM CCSIDs. For those, have a look at the
"ibm-" names in ICU's alias table at
http://oss.software.ibm.com/cvs/icu/~checkout~/icu/data/convrtrs.txt

Note that ICU uses "cp" to mean Microsoft codepage numbers.

Note also that even IBM changes some of its tables over time and has in a few dozen
cases multiple Unicode<->codepage tables per CCSID (see our entries for ibm-943 and
ibm-1363).

"Haphazard" is a good description of the situation...
It is easy to have "repertoires" - the hard part is to have "one repertoire". The
situation is beyond repair, although we (ICU) are still collecting and publishing
data. Use Unicode, UTFs, SCSU.

markus