>>  I was not able to and it makes me very unhappy. Since you were on the
>>  to-list, you got an immediate copy. We prattled on and then I got a
>>  bounce message which did not indicate the mail that was being rejected.
>
>Ah, this explains why I am starting to see so many responses to messages I
>never received.  The original message never makes it to the list, but a
>private copy is sent to another list member who then quotes it.

Which suggests an increasing practice: people will increasingly reply to
all, with the cc list in a thread gradually expanding and the discussion
effectively by-passing the Unicode list so that people can avoid the
quotation restrictions.

I don't mind the limits on quotation; I could live with it if the bounce
simply quoted back to me the offending message.

- Peter

Peter Constable

7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
Tel: +1 972 708 7485
E-mail: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>