On Monday, January 28, 2002, at 01:52 PM, Stefan Persson wrote:

>  --- Michael Everson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> skrev: >
> At 18:43 +0100 2002-01-28, Stefan Persson wrote:
>
>> No, but Apple's Unicode mapping tables indicate the
>> Private Use code
>> point they use for it.
>
> OK. Shouldn't it be added (for compatibility reasons)?
> Or maybe it can't (due to copyright reasons)? Has
> anyone written any proposal(s) for this character?

Apple's corporate logo is a legally protected symbol.  Apple strongly
opposes its formal encoding in Unicode (and really doesn't want people
other than Apple using it in text, despite the fact that it's in all our
fonts).

Anyone who *does* use it in text is free to use U+F8FF, as we do, to map
it to Unicode.

John H. Jenkins
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]