ICU supports ISCII, except for the font-style attributes (like "bold") which are not
expressible in plain text.

http://oss.software.ibm.com/cvs/icu/~checkout~/icu/source/data/mappings/convrtrs.txt
http://oss.software.ibm.com/icu/

ISCII is algorithmic. The mapping part to/from Unicode is fairly straightforward
because Unicode's encoding of Indic scripts is based on an earlier version of ISCII.

For details take a look at the source code:
http://oss.software.ibm.com/cvs/icu/~checkout~/icu/source/common/ucnvisci.c

markus