William Overington wrote:
Kenneth Whistler now states an opinion as to what the review is about and
mentions a file PropList.txt of which I was previously unaware.
Kenneth Whistler referred to a file that is part of the publicicly and freely provided Unicode Character Database, showing various important code point property assignments. I believe that he assumed that reviewers of public issues would be familiar with, or else familiarize themselves sufficiently with, the Unicode Standard to arrive at an informed opinion.

As I have mentioned before I have a particular interest in the use of
Unicode in relation to the implementation of my telesoftware invention using
the DVB-MHP (Digital Video Broadcasting - Multimedia Home Platform) system.
I feel that language tags may potentially be very useful for broadcasts of
multimedia packages which include Unicode text files, by direct broadcast
satellites across whole continents. ...
Language tags are likely to be useful for any multimedia system. I would expect there to be sufficient bandwidth in a DVB system to carry either out-of-band (meta) data for plain text, or else to send richtext of some kind (e.g., XHTML).

markus

--
Opinions expressed here may not reflect my company's positions unless otherwise noted.