Mark,

> Yes, I am sick and tired of dealing with this horrible
> non-decimal measurement
> system the US has for time: the number of units per other unit
> vary all across
> the board: 60..61 : 1, 60 : 1, 24 : 1, 28..31 : 1, 12 : 1,
> 365..366 : 1 --
> awful. At least with inches, feet, and miles, the number of feet
> per mile don't
> vary depending on which mile one is talking about!

However, just try to sort out a set of drill bits.  11/64 etc.

I also have a hard time remembering that a Hundredweight c.w.t is 112 pounds.  I am
glad that it is not in common usage.

But working on a house with feet, inches and fractions drives me absolutely crazy.  At
least with clocks you are not doing tremendous amounts of math to do anything.  The
only time when clocks are a problem is when you are dealing with multiple time zones.

Carl