Paul James Cowrie posted:

the sign used for aleph (looks like a 3, but isn't, obviously)

the sign used for yod (looks like a i with a right ring tick above it)

the sign used interchangeably for q (looks like a k with a dot beneath
it)

See http://www.dfki.de/~nederhof/AEL/transliteration.html for a discussion of Egyptian transliteration using Unicode though for the _i_ with hook I think that the combination U+0069 + U+0357 (the last being a newly coded diacritic) is superior to the suggest U+0069 + U+0313.

For the character that looks like _3_ I would suggest currently using _3_ as that is the traditional fallback used in transliterations when the proper character is not available.

Jim Allan