Magda Danish (Unicode) schreef:

> [...]

Probably, yes. However, I have no idea what it could be.
This sounds like a HTML question rather than a Unicode question.
Anyway, if the Pound sign is coded as £ it really does not
matter if you identify the character set as ISO-8859-1 or UTF-8 or
anything else (any superset of ASCII7 that is); it displays
correctly.

> > Also which version of Unicode does HTML 4.0 support using
> > escape characters (eg. &#163)?

Unicode doesn't "do" HTML support; maybe this question was meant the
other way round? ("which version of HTML does Unicode support?")

Pim Blokland