C J Fynn va escriure:

> [ The only thing there has been any real controversy or concern about
> are three Apple patents relating to grid fitting glyph outlines of
> TrueType fonts (see: http://www.freetype.org/patents.html )
<snip>
> Also AFAIK Apple have never threatned anyone with
> enforcement of these patents. ]

Apple did not publicly (AFAIK). As David writes, they are happy signing OEM
licenses!

Sampo Kaasila (the original designer) did bring out the subject; it was not
a direct threat, though, rather casually mentionning that use of Freetype
without license for the patents would be illegal. I feel it was fair, by the
way, so no pun intended: TypeSolutions' product, T2K, was directly competed
by the new-born Freetype. In fact, it was this interview, now seemly
vanished, that did make us (Freetype) understand that there was some problem
here.

Antoine