On 16/03/2004 17:47, Mark E. Shoulson wrote:

Of course Celtic uncial fonts will have appeal only to a limited market. But you shouldn't have to respell your words when the font changes (as you would if Irish went to dotless-i, since when printed in conventional fonts, it does have a dot on its i). We're after a particular look here, and so a particular font. That font has limited appeal? So does the look we're after. Someone who wants to write Turkish in Irish-looking uncials will have to come up with his own clever font that manages to have dotted and dotless i's and still look okay.

Or just use the accursed American Uncial, if there's a version of it which supports more than Windows 1252.

--
Peter Kirk
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (personal)