http://www.livejournal.com/users/gwalla/39856.html is a page about
(and a link to) a truly excellent Windows keyboard driver that
provides full access to the Latin-1 range but is completely compatible
with the US-ASCII keyboard except for AltGr (the right Alt key).
All non-ASCII characters and dead keys are available there: for
example, to get ŕ, one types AltGr-` followed by a.

I can't recommend this too much; I immediately dropped both the US-ASCII
and US-International keyboards, which I have been using in alternation.
The only (very minor) problem with it is that for some reason it messes
up Ctrl-Shift and Ctrl-nonletter key combinations.

--
"Well, I'm back."  --Sam        John Cowan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>