Doug wrote...

> This didn't come from me.

Indeed, it didn't come from Doug. And it has been removed from the
archives as well.

FYI... We have some software in place on Unicode.ORG to assist with
filtering of attachments. However, we pass through ".zip" files because
many of us who work with proposals and such need to be able to receive them
on a regular basis. Viruses attached as ".zip" files do occasionally get
through if they just happen to have forged return addresses belonging to
list subscribers. (The list filters out mail from non-subscribers anyway.)
It's fairly rare but it does happen. And I am always gratified to see a
flood of bounces back from subscriber's systems objecting to the viral
content when one does go through. Many of you never see these viruses.

Cheers,
        Rick