Jony Rosenne scripsit:

> The UTC refused to add Yiddish to the name, unlike the other Yiddish
> specialties, and I am not aware of any other possibility.

Why should it?  Incorporating a language name into a character name,
as in ABKHASIAN CHE and KHAKASSIAN CHE, is done because those languages
have a letter named CHE distinct from the more usual, cross-linguistic
Cyrillic CHE.  There is no such contrast in this case: we do not speak of
LATIN SMALL LETTER ICELANDIC THORN, for example.

--
Some people open all the Windows;       John Cowan
wise wives welcome the spring           [EMAIL PROTECTED]