Gesendet: Montag, 03. Februar 2014 um 14:14 Uhr
Von: "Shriramana Sharma" <samj...@gmail.com>
An: "Frédéric Grosshans" <frederic.grossh...@gmail.com>
Cc: "UnicoDe List" <unicode@unicode.org>
Betreff: Re: Aw: Astrological symbol for Pluto?
On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 4:15 PM, Frédéric Grosshans <frederic.grossh...@gmail.com> wrote:

Actually, it is sourced (with the other symbils) to http://www.uranian-institute.org/bfglyphs.htm , which lists no less than 4 symbols for Pluto...
In any case, it seems its astronomical symbol was encoded quite early (DerivedAge = 1.1) which was before the 2006 IAU decision to demote it to dwarf planet status. Of course, even if it were encoded today I'm sure it would be the only dwarf planet to have a symbol encoded since no other dwarf planet has captured the common man's imagination (and basic knowledge) like Pluto, and I have not heard any of the other dwarf planets (Ceres, Haumea, Makemake and Eris) having any symbols...

--
Shriramana Sharma ஶ்ரீரமணஶர்மா श्रीरमणशर्मा