I did not intend to create a disturbance. Nor did I intend to do anything that
might possibly be perceived as seeking action from the list administrator. (I
mention that since Sarasvati was invoked.) And I certainly was not intending in
any way to bring up moratoria that may have been declared on past topics or to
suggest moratoria on new topics. (I mention that since somehow a
previously-declared moratorium was raised in a reply to my original post.)

I was merely seeking an indication of sentiment on the list regarding certain
topics. This arose from an off-list discussion with one list member who has on
occasion posted on certain topics and who indicated interest in seeing an
indication of sentiment from the list.

But it seem like my approach may be stirring up trouble and hence was not
well-conceived.

Hence, I apologize to the list and to any individuals I may have offended by
this.

Peter