On 4/19/2018 5:32 AM, Mark Davis ☕️ via Unicode wrote:
> imagine I discover that someone has already proposed the emoji that I am interested in

In some cases we've have contacted people to see if they want to engage with other proposers. But to handle larger numbers we'd need a simple, light-weight way to let people know, while maintaining people's privacy when they want it.

I would tend to think that actual proposals are a matter of public record. Emoji should not be handled differently than other proposals for character encoding in that regard.

Why should there be an assumption that these are "proposals in private" in this case?

A./