On 6 Jun 2018, at 17:50, Manish Goregaokar <man...@mozilla.com> wrote:

> I think the recommendation to use ASCII as much as possible is implicit there.

It would be a very good idea to make it explicit. Even for English speakers,
there may be a temptation to use characters that are hard to distinguish or
hard to type on someone else’s keyboard; some thought needs to be given before
choosing non-ASCII identifiers. Sometimes you might even choose to support
multiple spellings of an API to avoid any problems. And in other cases it’s a
good idea to remember that someone other than you might have to maintain your
code in the future; that person might not speak the same language you do or use
the same keyboard.

Kind regards,

Alastair.

--