I'm surprised that the tests for 11.0 passed for a 10.0 implementation,
because the following should have triggered a difference for WB. Can you
check on this particular case?

÷ 0020 × 0020 ÷ #  ÷ [0.2] SPACE (WSegSpace) × [3.4] SPACE (WSegSpace) ÷
[0.3]

About the testing:

The tests are generated so that they go all the combinations of pairs, and
some combinations of triples. The generated test cases use a sample from
each partition of characters, to cut down on the file size to a reasonable
level. That also means that some changes in the rules don't cause changes
in the test results. Because it is not possible to test every combination,
so there is also provision for additional test cases, such as those at the
end of the files, eg:

https://unicode.org/Public/11.0.0/ucd/auxiliary/WordBreakTest.html
https://unicode.org/Public/10.0.0/ucd/auxiliary/WordBreakTest.html

We should extend those each time to make sure we cover combinations that
aren't covered by pairs. There were some additions to that end; if they
didn't cover enough cases, then we can look at your experience to add more.

I can suggest two strategies for further testing:

1. To do a full test, for each row check every combinations obtained by
replacing each sample character by every other character in its
partition. Eg for the above line that would mean testing every <WSegSpace,
WSegSpace> sequence.

2. Use a monkey test against ICU. That is, generate random combinations of
characters from different partitions and check that ICU and your
implementation are in sync.

3. During the beta period, test your previous-version with the new test
files. If there are no failures, yet there are changes in the rules, then
raise that issue during the beta period so we can add tests.

4. If possible, during the beta period upgrade your implementation and test
against the new and old test files.

Anyone else have other suggestions for testing?

Mark

Mark